We want everyone who visits the St Peter’s College website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding no matter what their background, ability or disability.
What are we doing?
To help us make the St Peter’s College website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and user friendly for everyone.
For people who can’t see very well
- The colours and the contrast between colours have been selected with this in mind for instance the background colour of the website is not pure white which can cause glare.
- The size of text is appropriate throughout the site and works well with zooming.
- The choice of fonts is considered for clarity.
- Colour is not used as the only way of conveying information or identifying content.
For people who are blind
- Alternative tags for images, and title tags for links that are used throughout help how a screen-reader interprets the elements on a page.
- Videos with quality audio are used.
For people who can’t hear very well
- Subtitles are used on video content.
- Users can pause, stop, or adjust the volume of audio that is played.
- No background audio is used.
For people who find a keyboard or mouse hard to use
- The design allows tabbing to be used to navigate to parts of the page.
For people who find words difficult:
- The length of sentences and paragraphs as well as the complexity of the vocabulary are checked.
- The choice of fonts and size of text have been carefully selected.
How are we doing?
We’ve worked hard on the St Peter’s College website and believe we’ve achieved our goal of accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems, please get in touch (see contact details below – ask for the St Peter’s College Administrator).
Some advice for making the internet more accessible
Click below for advice on how to make the most of accessibility features and tools
My Learning Plan
As a member I could add this to my learning plan, sign up here