mission shaped intro helps people to reconnect with the communities they are called to serve and to re-imagine the forms of church that are needed for the 21st century. It takes you on a creative and reflective journey looking at the need for new ways of being church. Produced by the national Fresh Expressions team.
The sessions which include creative activities, film clips, presentations, discussion, worship and prayer, msi is ideal for those starting from scratch as well as those who are thinking about joining the mission shaped ministry course.
Completion of this course may well give you the confidence to start or get involved in a fresh expression of church.
Fresh Expressions seeks to transform communities and individuals through championing, resourcing and multiplying new ways of being church. We work with Christians from a broad range of denominations and traditions and the movement has resulted in thousands of new congregations being formed alongside more traditional churches.
Those who come on mission shaped ministry tend to do so as church leaders or lay people, as individuals or in teams. Attendees may already have started a fresh expression of church, are seeking to start one or simply because they want their existing church to be more mission-shaped.
There are no academic pre-requisites although each participant will be expected to have the full support of their local church.
The six 90 or 120-minutes sessions explore:
- rediscovering mission: the mission of God as the foundation for any expression of church;
- changing world, changing church: how the church might respond to a world of change and uncertainity;
- re-imagining church - community: the need for fresh expressions of church to develop authentic community in a world shaped by consumerism and individualism;
- re-imagining church - worship: how fresh expressions of church are re-imagining worship;
- discipleship and leadership: how to enable healthy discipleship and leadership within fresh expressions of church;
- where do we go from here?: to provide space for you to consider your response to the course and offer options to what you might do next.
Find out more at www.missionshapedministry.org
The current course has now finished but if you are interested about future courses contact us
Lucy Nunn, Course Administrator: Lucy.Nunn@sheffield.anglican.org 01709 309135
Sessions can take place at various locations around the Diocese.
Click on the link below 'When can I study this course?' to find out details of specific course instances and to enrol
When can I study this course?
No instances of this course planned at the moment.
Who can I contact about the course?
Course leader: Revd Mark Wigglesworth
Read more about Mark on Key People
You can contact Mark at email@example.com
My Learning Plan
As a member I could add this to my learning plan, sign up here
Please fill in the form below with your request