Serving and Transforming Resources
A Place of Serving and Transforming – Salt & Light
Part of the bank of parish support resources in response to Mission Action Planning (MAP) process.
You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8b) You are the salt of the earth… (Matt 5:13)
In From Anecdote to Evidence growing churches were often actively engaged with those who might not go to church or are outside the existing community. (p12)
This page offers you a range of resources to help you with questions covered in this section of the Mission Action Planning tool. Some are within our own website and others signposted to good outside sources.
Click on the resource tiles below for links...
- Church Urban Fund provides resources across a very wide range of issues.
- Hope UK seeks to support churches in villages, towns and cities to do more together in mission in words and action.
- Oasis UK has a long track record of working alongside whole communities to support the breadth of their needs, through education, healthcare, housing, children’s and youth work, debt advice, foodbanks and much more.
- Food banks. If you need advice on setting up or running a food bank, contact Trussell Trust. They are not the only providers but they do have a strong network.
- CAP or Christians Against Poverty can help you with debt counselling. This website is also a place to which you can direct individuals seeking help.
- Dementia and Faith resources from St Peter's College.
- Church based projects that engage with vulnerable people should ensure that their staff and volunteers have at least a minimum level of expertise. They ought to be knowledgeable about common issues affecting vulnerable people and must work in a way that avoids harm to the people they engage with, themselves and their project. If you are involved in a project that could benefit from training in this area please contact Kim Balmer on Kim.Balmer@peterrowe.co.uk.
My Learning Plan
As a member I could add this to my learning plan, sign up here
Third Age Resources
A variety of resources for ministry to seniorsVisit Link
Dementia & Faith Resources
St Peter's College and Dr Gemma Graham, a clinical psychologist, have developed excellent information for c...Visit Link
Diocese of Sheffield Faith and Justice
Information about the Board of Faith and Justice which oversees the implementation of the Diocesan Salt and...Visit Link
No.9 (Nov. 2016) – The Kingdom at Work ProjectDownload File
Church Urban Fund Resources
Established by the Church of England promoting social justice as a practical response to unmet need.Visit Link
HOPE is a catalyst that brings churches together to transform communities.Visit Link
Creating a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society.Visit Link
Christians against poverty
Releasing thousands of families from grinding poverty through debt counselling and community groups.Visit Link
The Trussell Trust - Foodbanks
Supporting churches to set up and manage foodbanks helping those in the community with urgent needs.Visit Link
Social Action Project Training
Bespoke team development sessions for church based social action projects.Download File
Being a Salt & Light rep
Robert's Story about volunteering and FoodbankVisit Link
Remember When Dementia Cafe Sheffield
Promoting memories and conversations, particularly for people living with dementiaVisit Link