What is Youth Emmaus?
Youth Emmaus is a course designed to help those aged 11 to 16 explore the basics of the Christian faith. This is no easy task - but Youth Emmaus offers a winning combination of meaty leaders' notes, cool handouts for group members, great cartoons and graphics and a free CD-ROM stacked with other useful resources.
The material is fully road-tested and ideal for youth groups and as a confirmation course for young people.
Youth Emmaus tackles:
- What Christians Believe (5 Units)
- How Christians Grow (5 Units)
- Living the Christian Life (3 Units)
Youth Emmaus 2
Youth Emmaus 2 is a fourteen-session interactive discipleship course for young people, designed to help 11- to 16-year-olds integrate their faith into life and to equip them as worshippers and disciples. It breaks down into two sections - Big Issues and Holy Spaces.
- Big Issues (Sessions 1-7) tackles Jesus' sermon on the mount, engaging with issues like poverty and injustice, forgiveness and reconciliation, dreams and passions.
- Holy Spaces (Sessions 8-14) explores creative ways of worshipping together - from protest to praise.
Each session includes detailed leaders' notes, ice-breakers, theme-focused activities, ideas for worship and multimedia suggestions. It's suitable as a discipleship course, a post-confirmation resource, or a framework for a series of one-off events or a youth residential.
It's ideal as a follow-on from Youth Emmaus or as stand-alone material to help young people grow in discipleship.
My Learning Plan
As a member I could add this to my learning plan, sign up here